Greatest Hits Vol. 1 review by Korn

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Korn: Greatest Hits Vol. 1

This is 10 years of great Korn music (1994-2004) packed into 1 CD. Which is great, it's a great CD, but some of my favorite songs were the ones that no one's heard about that didn't make the Greatest Hits. This CD has most all of my favorite songs ever by Korn. And the added live concert of them at CBGB's isn't bad either. For the people who don't know, Korn was one of the founding fathers of present-day metal. With their 7-stringed guitars and 5-string slap bass they've made the new metal sound, but they also made a sound of their own. This is the last CD made by Korn before they went to their new music style which is not as good as this. I'll still stand by Korn either way, but I truley don't like their new stuff. No more slap bass, and their guitarist 'Head' found god and left Korn, it's just not the same. But, back to the Greatest Hits CD, If your a Korn fan or a metal fan, you must buy this CD.

Jonathan Davis has some great vocals. Though people might think Korn is just another screaming metal band, but Korn isn't all that. Sure, they have alot of screaming vocals, but some of their songs have real lyrics, and some songs (like Make Me Bad and Alone I Break) are more subtle and softer. Also with their cover song of Another Brick In The Wall (origionally performed by Pink Floyd) is truley amazing. Also they have screaming songs (Ya'll Want A Single and Right Now) are great too. Especially Ya'll Want A Single which is them basically them yelling at the media, "I've done this, but you won't let me say this is my songs. so, if ya'll want a single say f--k that" or atleast I think that.

Korn Greatest Hits, a must have if your a fan of the band. With all of their greatest songs like Blind, A.D.I.D.A.S, Clown, Freak On A Leash, Got The Life, Falling Away From Me, Twist (just simply crazy), Here To Stay (my all-time favorite Korn song), Alone I Break, Right Now (2nd all-time favorite), and Ya'll Want A Single (3rd all-time favorite). This is a great CD by my favorite band of all-time, Korn! I would definately buy it, I would buy it in a heartbeat.