Issues review by Korn

• Released: Nov 22, 1999
Korn: Issues

Issues has got to be the most drastic change from original Korn. They used realy strange effects even for them. They also showed a deep connection with their fans by letting them design the cover for this album. This CD is also the very last of the "perfect Korn sound" which started to fade on the albums to come.

The lyrics seem darker and more down to Earth than what you would normaly expect from Korn. The effects were just weird as heck but added to the depressing tone to the album. As always the lyrics pertained to every day life like in "Counting" how many of us can't stand ourselves or in "Somebody, Someone" how we need some body to carry on. The most depressing song I felt was "No Way" just the way he sings the song makes you feel depressed. John I think has mastered how to set the mood for an album instead of mixing it up like in pervious ones.

This album was just like the older Korn style and hardly like the new. I feel "Falling Away From Me," "Lets Get This Party Started," "Make Me Bad," "Trash" and "Dirty" were the best songs on this album. I realy hated how they had short songs like "Am I Going Crazy," "4U," "Wish You Could Be Me," "It's Gonna Go Away" and "Dead" they were just a waste of space but it added to the mood. If this album was lost or stolen I would buy it again and for all my friends as well.

wildchild6660
    Dude do you even know what shred means?
    mmanson
    this is my favorite korn album because it has no guest rapers or anyone like fred durst or ice cube or anybody else to ruin the record.I like the concept, the cover is cool i like the one with the cartoon band members but i have the one with the doll they are the coolest too and this is a great album- i might think follow the leader was if it didnt have that crap on it
    KoRnHead
    This has to be the best one besides the debut. If i had only one album I'd have this one.
    TiDyCaTT900
    this album rocks so much. there best.my favorite..of any cd I own. it changed my style of how I play..such a depressing and badass creepy sound to it.
    wik3dspid3r
    why must eberyone label. Throw them around nu metal screamo metal. There sound is Korn It is a sound they pioneered. U really think they wanna be labeled I seriously doubt it. When they were playing there garage u think they were like he lets make a new genre for to label us by. No they were like hey this sounds cool and orignal. so why throw them around with all the apes, wanna be's, posers, and style rippers that came after.
    korn559
    Zell182
    Decent album but the first 3 were much better. The interludes annoyed me a bit but you've gotta love Falling Away From Me, Wake Up and Let's Get This Part Started
    Feverrush
    wildchild6660 wrote: korn559 wrote: loved it issues was a great album munky as usual shreded on guitar cant wait till the next family values Dude do you even know what shred means?
    yeahhhh....head was the lead guitarist on this album...