Korn review by Korn

• Released: Oct 11, 1994
Korn: Korn

Most bands on their first album realy screw it up but Korn rose up to the ranks. Most people didn't want to give them a record contract but epic and immortal gave them a chance and boy did that pay off. They truly created the standers for nu-metal and keep riseing them higher. Befor they came along music wasn't as rebelious and hateful plus very few people had heard Munky & Heads low tuned 7-string guitars and Fiedly's hip-hop bass riffs.

From start to finish they keep your attention. The way they came in with John yelling "Are you ready?" was a realy good question. They had a great mixture of soft, moderate, and heavy songs and they all are unique. I also liked how in "Lies" they let Head sing the chours and how he said Ball tounge in "Ball Tounge." They realy let out their inner deamonds and make people think. Last as I have said in other reviews may of their songs people can relate to like in "Clown," "Fake," and "Lies."

The closest comparison I can make with this album would be with "Life Is Peachy" and "Take A Look In The Mirror" because of how heavy the are and the song simularites. I personly felt that "Divine" was the best song because of the vocals, guitar, and bass riffs. I can't say anything on this album was bad because they did so great puting everything together. If this album was lost or stolen I would buy this again and by it for all my friends.

Kris_HSI
    i have looked every where for this album and i can never find it. and what is the guy who wrote the first review talking about that u shouldnt listen 2 blind or clown drunk or high????
    munchielover
    World class album!! Amongst my Top 10 cds of all time. Particularly good as its a debut album and also because it was a different style of metal than anything around at the time.
    Samfisher21
    This is a underrated album.i think its there best album by far,Blind and Ball Tongue are the best songs