Korn review by Korn

• Released: Oct 11, 1994
Korn: Korn

I personally think this has got to be Korn's heaviest music (at least when you compare guitar tones). Munky and Head tear the shit out of Steve Vai guitars, Fieldy's bass riffs are driving and funky, drums are heavy and unsettling. and Jon's vocal technique pretty much takes the downtuned, disoriented sound to a new level. Something about the downtuned, distorted 7-string guitars and clicky, punchy bass solos that every other Korn album surprisingly lacks. I personally liked "Follow The Leader" and "The Other Side" a little more, but this record will hopefully go down in history as the start of the nu-metal revolution.

The lyrics are amazing on this album. Jon's vocal skills flow great with the music and create a dark, kind of eerie feel as you listen. "Here I am, different in this normal world. Why'd you tease me? Make me feel upset?" are some of the feelings JD has about his unpleasant childhood. it's probably not a good idea to listen to this music if you're high, drunk, or just plain pissed off tho.

This album, by far is Korn's catchiest and lyrically genius work to date. Most artists first albums are usually never this good. each song usually has the same feel, but a seperate message.

wildchild6660
    White And Nerdy wrote: This is amazing CD, one of my favorites by them, if your new to Korn, get this one.
    Excellent advice. I didn't like korn at first. This album kind of eased me into it.