Korn review by Korn

• Released: Oct 11, 1994
Korn: Korn

This is the begining of Nu-metal. Jonathan on vocals. The roaring engine that was Head and Munky on guitar. Fieldy laying down hip-hop bass lines. David laying all his might into his drum kit. Head and Munky innovated the downtuned 7-string guitar. Fieldy is tearing apart his bass on songs like Ball Tougne and Need to. David shows true skill in songs like Faget and Predictable. Jonathan opens the world up the possibility of wrighting your feelings. Not the happy love a girl kind of feelings. He wrights the dark stuff, rape, bad relationship kind of feelings. All amazing stuff.

Jonathan Davis in my opinion is my greatest inspiration for music wrighting. He started the whole write your feelings movement. His vocals are very, very unique. He can growl with the best of them and at the same time sing a sweet melody, not that your finding a sweet melody coming from this man. This CD showcases his pain and suffering. Daddy is about someone raping him and his parents not caring. Need to is about not wanting to get close to someone because he was afraid of being hurt again. No one comes close in my opinion in singing skill and writing ablity.

My overall impression is that this one amazing CD. Every single nu-metal band owes their existance to this band and this CD. Linkin Park, Godsmack, Mudvayne, Slipknot, all of them would not even be famous had these 5 didn't start the trend. The most impressive songs, ha, all of them. Any metal fan would be doing themselves a favor by buying this CD. If stolen, somebodies ending up in a body bag. If lost, my house is coming down to find it.