Korn review by Korn

• Released: Oct 11, 1994
Korn: Korn

Korn are a very unique sound you can't actually class them as anything becuase they sound like noone else becuase they come from beyond what metal is. They have a metal orientation but some of there songs have a bit of a hip hop beat too it but more or less it is mainly metal. Munky and Head are the most entertaining guitarist to listen to becuase they play off each other wich is noticeable in the song blind. Jonathon is an incredibly talented man is voice is so very versatile wich is probably a main factor in Korns unique sound becuase he changes pitch, tempo and volume quickly and effectively. Fieldy is a great bassist his bass lines have a kinda hip hop sound to them but its what makes Korn so different to other metal bands becuase of the different styles combining. Dave is a extremely talented drummer his drumbeats are so intricate and they sound amazing. Mix all that together and you get Korn.

Jonathon is an amazing songwriting and singer you can hear the passion and emotion that has been put into the lyrics through his weird and wonderful voice. The compliance is good because the lyrics take you on a ride through so many dreams and nightmares wich is what music is suppose to do right? Personally the songs on this album mean something to me because the lyrics in lies are what I want to tell someone to do open themselves up and let me help them. Shoots and ladders are a whole lot of Nursery rhymes sung and if you research they all have some sinical meaning like a ring around the rosie is about the black plague.

This album is my personal favourite becuase it helped through some tough times but also becuase music is kick ass. I love the songs Blind, Ball and Biscuit, Lies and Shoots and Ladders. I love this album for its unique sound and kick ass songs I just love it. The only thing I hate about it is that some of the verses sound the same guitar wise but thats like the most smallest imperfection nothing is ever perfect right? If it were stolen I soul kill the guy/girl with my axe(Guitar) and then take it back. Lost? First of all it would not be lost becuase i would make sure it doesn't get lost but if it did I would buy it again and again until I stop losing it. Overall BUY THIS ALBUM! its amazing and will take you no a journey.