Life Is Peachy review by Korn

• Released: Oct 15, 1996
Korn: Life Is Peachy

So this would be my second favourite Korn album next to the self titled album. I thoroughly enjoyed this album it thought that it was an amazing balance of heavy and quiet parts in the songs itself. I highly commend the producer because he works the band to its limits and that's a factor in this great sound but the main factor is that the band members themselves. They really pushed themselves on this album. I love Korn's unique sound the aggressive snare on the drums is still dominant (Which is good). Munky and Head my two favourite guitarists yet again fed off each other they are amazing. Fieldy has some kick ass bass lines which are more noticeable in songs such as "Chi". Jon (Hiv) is the most amazing vocalist is voice has a great variety and he used it in this album.

The lyrics are dark, twisted and fricken awesome! "Kill You" and "Good God" are my personal favourites lyric wise becuase they mean something to me. "Kill You" is about an abusive step mom (I'm guessing from the lyrics) and is a very emotional song for me. Compliance is great becuase Korn is Korn it is no genre so Korn makes its own genre. Jon is the most amazing singer ever. If I could listen to one person sing for my whole life it would be him. In this album he had the same intensity and explosiveness in the first album.

"Life Is Peachy" helped me trough some tough times and I still play it if I need to release some emotions. This very close to topping the self titled album but not quite. My top 5 songs are "Wicked", "Twist", "Chi", "Good God" and "Kill You", My favourite is "Kill You" though. I love it for its pure sound and it's meaning. The only thing I don't like is that the first 4 songs start to sound the same but its not that bad. If it were stolen or loss I would be so pissed of! And either steal it back or re-buy it. Overall its a great album... BUY IT!