Live [DVD] review by Korn

• Released: Nov 19, 2002
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 10
Korn: Live [DVD]

The sound is very, very good. The bass in Korn's material is usually too loud and over powers the guitars, but with this live DVD, they get it just right - the lead guitar is clear, the rhythm is ripping, the bass n drums are pounding and the vocals are roaring. Nu-metal doing something unheard of: actually sounding good.

Content — 8
This is essentially a greatest hits live show. All the tracks are the right ones: Here to Stay, Twist, ADIDAS, Trash, Blind, Embrace, Faget, Falling Away From Me, Blame, Make Me Bad, One, Freak On A Leash, Somebody Someone, Thoughtless, Shoots And Ladders & Got The Life. All the songs are played to perfection, and - when played on a loud volume - make it sound like you're there. The crowd is crazy, the band is relentless. I wish I was there! The only extra features it has is the entire concert showing what the big movie screen shows during the show. Pretty pointless, but a nice feature. Oh, it does have a behind-the-scenes documentary, but I've seen better.

Production Quality — 10
The production couldn't really be better. The packaging is spot on, the chapters and menus are cool yet simple and it has Dolby Digital surround sound! Great stuff! No booklet though unfortunately.

Overall, it isn't the best live DVD I have, but it certainly isn't the worst. It comes with bite and atmosphere, and contains no boring bits. Essential for any Korn fan, although if it were stolen I don't think I'd buy it again.