Live [DVD] review by Korn

• Content: 5
  • Production Quality: 6
  • Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Korn: Live [DVD]

The sound is not bad, what you'd expect from a band at Korn's status to have on a DVD, the problem is, how different Johnathon Davies voice appears to be. It's just not that good on this DVD. I've heard them hit it note for note live before, but perhaps the pressure of having to get everything completely right for the cameras made them somewhat underperform.

Content — 5
The DVD contains nothing extra but a pointless 15 minute documentary on how the show was broadcast to a number of different theaters for the first time in history and an extra disc playing all the movies shown on a back screen at the concert. It's terrible. It's a little pointless and does not do enough to satisfy anyone who likes their extras. The live concert itself is fairly good, the set list holding all their big hits, and a small cover of One by Metallica, but it's definently not all performed at it's best.

Production Quality — 6
The production quality on the DVD is fairly good, seems as KoRn have the money and enough fans to let out a very good qualiry DVD. There are some effects, which look quite tacky, for example at one point they try to make it look like a camera is going through one of the band members bodies, and it looks slightly terrible.

I dislike this DVD. I was extremely dissapointed with it, just as I was with the Korn DVD Deuce. They should have combined them, giving all the extra's that appear on Deuce a live show like on this DVD. Korn have yet to make a very good video/DVD. If it were lost or stolen I'd have to buy it again cause I like to own as much KoRn as I can, but I wouldn't watch it.

mmanson
    its cool but i hate that its remastered - even if the performance is bad i dont care i want the live sound