Live [DVD] Review

artist: Korn date: 04/14/2006 category: compact discs
Korn: Live [DVD]
Released: Nov 19, 2002
This comes with 2 discs of live footage and 2 different ways to watch the hour long concert. It also incudes a documentary on how they made it.
 Content: 6.5
 Production Quality: 8
 7.7
 7.3
 8.1
Live [DVD] Reviewed by: refusedparty, on september 03, 2004

Sound: The sound is very, very good. The bass in Korn's material is usually too loud and over powers the guitars, but with this live DVD, they get it just right - the lead guitar is clear, the rhythm is ripping, the bass n drums are pounding and the vocals are roaring. Nu-metal doing something unheard of: actually sounding good. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, it isn't the best live DVD I have, but it certainly isn't the worst. It comes with bite and atmosphere, and contains no boring bits. Essential for any Korn fan, although if it were stolen I don't think I'd buy it again. // 8

Live [DVD] Reviewed by: Ploosh_Meister, on april 14, 2006

Sound: The sound is not bad, what you'd expect from a band at Korn's status to have on a DVD, the problem is, how different Johnathon Davies voice appears to be. It's just not that good on this DVD. I've heard them hit it note for note live before, but perhaps the pressure of having to get everything completely right for the cameras made them somewhat underperform. // 6

Overall Impression: I dislike this DVD. I was extremely dissapointed with it, just as I was with the Korn DVD Deuce. They should have combined them, giving all the extra's that appear on Deuce a live show like on this DVD. Korn have yet to make a very good video/DVD. If it were lost or stolen I'd have to buy it again cause I like to own as much KoRn as I can, but I wouldn't watch it. // 5

Comments