See You On The Other Side review by Korn

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
Korn: See You On The Other Side

They promised a very new sound. And I must say that they have accomplished that. Pretty industrial at points. Songs like Throw Me Away prove that. Also the old skool sound is back. Hypocrites is a song that could have been on the self titled record. There are four songs that have bagpipes and two songs with scat. So the old korn aspects are still there. The first time I heard it, I thought I didn't like it. But after a couple of listens I thought it was awesome so it is definitly a grower. They dismissed the clicks on the bass of Fieldy. On 1 or 2 songs he still has it though. He did some great basslines in songs like Open Up and 2-Way.

Jonathan Davis was known for lyrics about anger and depression in many ways. This time the lyrics are very different. A song about organized religion, politics and the song Liar that is probable about Brian "Head" Welch (this has not been confirmed) who has recently left the band Korn. Every song has a different style of songwriting. On the previous album "Take A Look In The Mirror" Jonathan screamed almost everything. On this record he sings a lot more then ever before. The screaming is still there, don't be afraid. In songs such as Twisted Transistor, Hypocrites, Politics and Getting off. A big improvement for Jonathan Davis.

I'm gonna review every song. 01. Twisted Transistor - the first single of this album has a nice intro but the vocal layering gets a bit annoying. The most poppiest song on the album. Good song though 6.5/10. 02. Politics - a nice intro and bridge. Some good old screaming in this song 8/10. 03. Hypocrites - old skool Korn. Heavy downtuned guitars. This is about organized religion. The lyrics to this song are awesome 10/10. 04. Souvenir - one of my favorites as well. A cool instrumental bridge. Some good singing in the chorus bij Jonathan 10/10. 05. 2-Way - awesome bassline. The song is about sex. You can hear that the chorus of the B-Side Last Legal Drug has been put into this song as a bridge 9/10. 06. Throw Me Away - industrial song. This song has been put together really well. Awesome singing 8/10. 07. Love Song - Jonathan has said: "This song is for all my depressed gothic fans." It's not a bad song 8/10. 08. Open Up - cool bass again. Not much to say about this. Decent song 7/10. 09. Coming Undone - this song has a cool feeling to it. Pretty soft song. The pre-chorus has a cool riff 8/10. 10. Getting Off - most people didn't like this song. I thought it was decent. With death metal screaming in the verses. Pretty cool 7/10. 11. Liar - my favorite song on the album. A heavy ass song again. With great guitar playing by Munky. It has scat and a great bagpipe outro 10/10. 12. For No One - cool singing in the chorus by Jonathan 7/10. 13. Seen It All - lyrics are dominating. Kind of "Sad But True" (Metallica) lyrics 9.5/10. 14. Tearjerker - beatiful ending of the album. Jonathan singing high 9/10.