See You On The Other Side review by Korn

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Korn: See You On The Other Side

Over the years Korn have gone from being nu-metal goods to just being samey, unable to create any kind of different sound which stands out from their older albums, See You On The Other Side is 100% the worst mix of songs that Korn have ever produced. The abscence of "Head" is present in the album and the flair Munky had when playing with Head is definately gone.

I think from Korn self titled to Issues, Jonathon Davis just ran out of things to sing about, his constant whinging in each album gets more tedious each turn and its no different on SYOTOS, Twisted Transistor, Lier, Hypocrite, everyone as bad as the other with Davis doing the same repetitive and boring vocals which have gotten worse since Take A Look In The Mirror, at least in that he sounded a bit brutal, in SYOTOS he hasnt even been bothered to sing properly.

Compared to any of their previous albums: Korn have let themselves go and are definately a shadow of there former selves, although they've been like this since untouchables came out. What do I love about it: the fact I can press the stop button. What do I hate about it: that they have produced such a shit album that all the critics will slate them, I was a Korn fan a while ago, but as I said before, after Issues they just started losing it, in SYOTOS they've lost it. If it were stolen or lost, id shake the hand of the person who took it, and laugh with joy.