See You On The Other Side review by Korn

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Korn: See You On The Other Side

Well, the new Korn album. I have to say, it's taken me a while to get used to. But now that I have given it a couple of goes its not that bad. I don't like much of the industrial sound, but the heavier stuff, which I wish was still heavier, are the better songs. This album doesn't really sound like Korn, but a friend was like "check out this new band" and put it on, it wuold be good. I think over all it is missing something though.

Jonathan is a great singer in my opinion. But this album, he does sing well. But I don't like the lyrics or the way he sings them. Most of the songs are sung to poppy! But on the brightside he did put on some sick scat lyrics, some melodies are good and he is more poetic in his writing.

See You On the Other Side is a different album for Korn. I think it overall is missing something, but this album has alot of energy and is a good listen in the end, none of the tracks are horrible or anything. 01. Twisted Transistor - this isn't a bad song. reminds me of Manson a bit. Which is annoying, I also loved Korn cause they were so original they didnt remind me of anyone. This song is quite catchy, so you might like it after it gets stuck in your head 7.5/10. 02. Politix - pretty sweet riff at the start. Like I said before, Jon sings his lyrics really weird and poppy. David is bringing out the double pedal a bit. Chorus is catchy 7.5/10. 03. Hypocrites - first heavy song. Not bad. Nothing really "special" about it. Has intresting lyrics about religion. Good listen 8/10. 04. Souvenir - best track on the album I think. Surely one of the better tracks, nice and heavy nice "rolling" lyrics in the verse. Cool effects. Pretty mad chorus to headbang to or what ever 9/10. 05. 2-Way - first really industrial song. Pretty sick bass line in the verse. Jonathan sings weird here again. Same with the Chorus. Not too special, but not bad 7.5/10. 06. Throw Me Away - I quite like this track. Shows Jon's emotional side. Pretty sick to chill too. Korn write nice slow tracks. I love the Chorus "Don't let them throw me away! Kick me and I'll be okay" 9/10. 07. Love Song - didn't like this song too much. Pretty weird industial track. Chorus not too bad. But still, next please 6/10. 08. Open Up - another industrial one. Not really Korn. Cool bassline. Has a cool hidden little song thing. Some great scat 6/10. 09. Coming Undone - reminds me off some off the hip hop tracks. Has an annoying clap/snare sample all the way through it. Proberly wouldn't be too bad for a party 7/10. 10. Getting Off - nothing special bout this track. Pretty heavy. Apparantly Jonathan is "getting off to you" 7/10. 11. Liar - pretty sweet heavy song, has a bit of energy. Not bad listening 9/10. 12. For No One - heavy track, atleast at the start. I like the drumming in this. Noting great bout this. Nothing bad as well 7/10. Seen It All - industrial. Nothing special to even say about this. Pretty weak track. Has a secret song ending thing 6/10. 13. Tear Jerker - slow song. really nice track. makes me feel sad, so korn still have that quality where they can make you feel different ways. Nice way to end I think. Good high singing 8.5/10.