See You On The Other Side review by Korn

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
Korn: See You On The Other Side

Okay! It's Korn we're talking about right? The guys who always pushed the envelope! I must say they've done it again! This album is so experimental and fresh, very fresh, the kinda shit that you want to add to your musical collection more often! It really expands your musical mind! One other thing about this record being done is very cool, they lost a guitarplayer and Munky stepped up and did a hell of a job creating guitar riffs all alone and Jesus Christ did it turn out good? All of 2005 you've been hearing about this album's release date and shit, expectations sure were high, and Korn really meant what they said!

My first impression of the lyrics is: Jonathan isn't as sad/lost/confused (I don't know) as he was on the other albums. On this he takes on certain people and lifestyles and lots and lots of tabu! The song Hypocrites takes on the friggin liars in church. Religion is okay but the guys "running" it. Are such fuckers and Jon really slaps them in the face once and again with his "Hypocrites" shouting! Awesome lyrics! Then we have some sex related songs and if I'm the only one who finds that great send me away! They are still showing their teenage styles in some way! Plus Jon's vocal skills, Jesus Christ! He's hitting those very high notes and at the same time growling some bad ass shit in the background!

I think this album is like a mix of Untouachables - Take A Look In The Mirror and maybe some Nine Inch Nails type of deal. I would buy this record 10 times if I had too (the artwork is amazing too).