See You On The Other Side review by Korn

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Korn: See You On The Other Side

This is somewhat of a good album. It has its ups and downs. The sound is mostly like blending "Take A Look In A Mirror," and "Untouchables." Munky sounds like he could carry the band on in some songs. But in some songs, Head needs take charge. This album is basically about religion, politics, sex and some depression. But like all the recent Korn albums, Jonathan has lost his depression/anger touch. Its sounds like pop/rock music (thanks to Twisted Transistor). Fieldy has lost a lot of his legendary bass riffs. Theres mostly one good song that has a good bass riff and thats the song "Open Up." Davids drumming is awesome. He has his perfect moments in the whole album and it makes all the songs stand out. Overall they did promise new sound on this album, I think they weren't kiddin'. Jon also did bring back the good ol' bagpipes in like 3 songs.

Jonathans lyrics were pure genious back in the old Korn days. But like I said, he has lost his depression/anger touch. The lyrics in this album are somewhat good on this album. Some songs sounds like old skool Korn, like "Politics" and "Hypocrites." Theres a lot of singing in this album. Like before on the "Take a Look in a Mirror" album he screams in most the songs. Don't get me wrong theres still screaming in the album, just not as much as the previous album. Overall the lyrics are pretty straightforward. But, they could be better, because I feel like I'm listenin' to the Untouchables album again.

Overall I like this album very much. Its not their best work, but you could hear that they did their best and proved that they sometimes don't need Head around. The songs that I like are Twisted Transistor, Politics, Hypocrites, Souvenir, Throw Me Away, Love Song, Open Up, and Liar. Thats about half of the 14 songs on the album. If get this at Target, you could get a free song from target. com that Korn didn't put on this album. I don't like the lack of Fieldys bass riffs. Thats why I listen to Korn. If this album was stolen or lost I might buy it again or burn it off my favorite songs (above) off of my friends. If you want anger on this album, then don't buy it. If you liked Take a Look in a Mirror and Untouchables then you will like this album.