See You On The Other Side review by Korn

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
Korn: See You On The Other Side

Korn's 7th album and easily one of the best to date, after the disapointing "back-to-basics" of Take a Look In The Mirror, I am more the pleased that they are again evolving as a band. I have always admired the guitar in Korn being a guitarist myself, and with the loss of Head I was more then worried but Munkey steps it up a notch and does his job flawlessly. The bass on the other hand seemed to lack compared to other albums wich took away from the "sound" I associate with Korn.

Davis goes back to the Untouchables kind of singing that was very melodic, but still throws in alot of "scat" style elements he has become known for in the past. The lyrics are alot more mature compared to endless songs about the hardships of childhood there are more songs that adress real issues such as Hypocrites.

This easily compares with all of Korn's previous releases, each album has something for the listener. This CD has a bit of everything. From the old-school songs like Liar and Hypocrites, to Twisted Transistor wich sounds like a clash between Word Up and the Follow the Leader album. The thing I like most about the album is it's different it's not the same music again and again, bands have to evolve and create different music, some people will always complain about this but those who understand and appreciate the music see that the artist is trying something new and hopes you like it. It's just like with Freak on a Leash and Got The Life those songs where alot different then anything they had done before but people liked them so it was cool. This is for any Korn fan who isn't stuck in the past and thinks all their albums should sound like Life Is Peachy. If I lost this I would buy a new copy just like any Korn Album they have been a favourite band of mine for a very long time and to this day they have only made one or two songs that I do not like in any way shape or form (Cameltosis being one).