See You On The Other Side review by Korn

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
Korn: See You On The Other Side

Here's the facts boys and girls, they dropped off the face of the earth since they released issues, an album I didn't think was their best by any means, obviously debateable with true fans, not you posers who cry and whine and only liked the self title. Anywho, despite my see saw battle with issues at least it sounded different than the previous three, then untouchables and take a look were just carbon copies of each other and it seemed they lost their originality that made them solid. They found a newer sound and if it took losing head then I'm all for it. They still possess the raw, grinding guitar but this time its blended with fieldys thumping bass line instead of being drowned out, I actually enjoyed hearing the riffs, which weren't Munky's finest but he's still damn good on songs like souvenir, for no one etc. This blening I think is a tribute to the superior production on the album. Dave is also back, mixing in some killer double kicks like on Liar, but still keeps it old skool simple at times, which suits the music theyre goin for, not like the self-title or Peachy where Dave was ahead of the game being a little to complex. I also enjoy the additon of the synth and industrial sounds, it's add some texture to the music that they lost with head, at times it does remind me of manson, NIN (barely) and even Radiohead, but mostly I think Jon brought his love for goth that he revealed on the Queen Of The Damned soundtrack. Not necessarily their best sound, but close to it, but the range and variety is suberb and compares ot no other album, theyre is really no repetition like u may have fund in the past.

Jonothan really displays his talents as a writer on this album, and I think Tearjerker, Politics, Hypocrites and Throw Me Away are perfet examples. He is seems to move past all that tortured soul pre pubescent bullshit and focus on some more serious issues like religion and my fav part was that politics didnt follow the current trend of bashing bush but rather bashing those who bash politics 'cause it's cool. I think we see a deeper side of Jonothan now that hes older and more mature, by far his best lyrics despite 10 Or A 2 Way.

I would suggest downloading a few songs first, I know it sounds terrible, but korn fans searching for that self-title magic that you really shouldnt be doing 'cause it was 11 years ago, may not like it. But it really is a solid listen all the way through and I think theyre best since issues. There are a few songs like 10 Or A 2 Way and Getting Off, where it seems they're trying to impress the fans from way back, but they don't have to do that anymore, the rest shows why with a broad range showing their diversity and talent. So long head, I look forward to another album where they spend a little more time on it because I think they've stumbled on a new sound they can expand on.