See You On The Other Side review by Korn

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
Korn: See You On The Other Side

A very new and unique sound, kind of reminds me if Nine Inch Nails meet "Life Is Peachy" Korn. But it's a wild nu sound. They all have I guess you can say "mature" in their musical talents. Fieldy isn't just slapping throughout the whole CD, he's doing more advanced tactics. This is his best bass playing, so far. David got more heavier and groovier with his drumming, reminds me of Nine Inch Nails. Since the departed of Brian "Head" Welch, James "Munky" Shaffer agreed to do not 1, but 2 guitars in this album. It's great playing but not as impressive as there self-titled 1994 debut though. Overall musically, very good but not the best they had.

Mr. Jonathan Davis, known for the infamous "I f--king hate you" lyrics. He has sang about his childhood, drugs, and school yard bullies, had a big affect on my life. But in this album, he has gone to a different topic, politics. But in the end, he still stays true to himself and accomplished that nu-metal "hate you" concept. Very good Mr. Davis.

I love these guys, they changed my whole life. It was a heartbreak to see Head leave like that, but hey, it was bound to happen sooner or later. This album isn't as good as their debut but better than Follow The Leader, Issues, and Take A Look In The Mirror from my point of view. Maybe they'll bring some bad ass unheard shit to the table if, they were to get a new guitarist. Like it said on the sticker on the album, "This is the evolution of heavy..."