See You On The Other Side review by Korn

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
Korn: See You On The Other Side

The sound of this particular CD is dark and mysterious. Wonderful adaptation of Korn's old sound and the new way they are going after loosing guitarist "Head." Very wonderful effects, very dark and heavy, almost chilling. Guitars clashing with rave-ish techno. Wonderful combination.

Jonathan Davis never ceases to amaze me. He delievers the powerful lyrics on this CD in a very haunting way. His voice has matured greatly over the past few records they have put out. His growl that he uses in bone gripping. Last legal drug has a great example of this when he says "Le Petit Mort." Hypocrites in the beginning goes from a whispered, "Your Messiah Was Never Mine" to a scream "Hypocrites." And then the Korn that we all know and love bust out some amazing musical talent. Tearjerker is a very un-Korn like song, but Jonathan delivers the lyrics in such a haunting fashion. Wonderful job Jonathan. Well done.

I personally love the album. I do not think that you can compare Korn albums to other Korn albums. They are all unique and this one is no exception. Hypocrites, Liar, Open Up, Throw Me Away, Tear Jerker, and from the special edition Eaten Up, Last Legal Drug. They are all wonderful. Cannot say enought about this wonderful CD. I bought two special editions so yes If I were to loose them both I would be right back out again to buy it.