See You On The Other Side review by Korn

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
Korn: See You On The Other Side

So this is Korn's newest album. While when I was first introduced to this album I was a little uncertain how the music would shape up because of Head's (guitarist) recent resignation. In my mind Korn was always a quintet and it was hard to imagine them as a quartet but when I opened the CD case and looked through the booklet and saw that picture of Korn I was imediatly relieved. It just looks right. Now at first I was skeptical about the new single "Twisted Transistor" but I began to love it. The guitar really helps to capture your attention in the chorus. Many songs have a lot of power chords throughout, which is good and gives a little more of a wink to the old Korn years, but I miss how melodic Head made certain songs. now if you look at a song like "Coming Undone" the music is nothing short of incredible. All it is is a few chords but it makes for an intense few minutes. the only song I'm upset with is "Souvenir" because it just sounds mundane, or half ass. There is also some techno in songs like "Throw Me Away" and "Seen It All." in "Throw Me Away" it is kinda weird and sounds too much something Statis-X would try to do, however in "Seen It All" it adds a nice, eirie wuility to the music. To conclude I think Korn, even without Head, are going full force and coming off awesome.

As per usual Korn fasion, the lyrics are really dark and depressing. I was a little confused by "politics" because the chorus seems to talk about a girl who is willing to do anything to get somewere. A lot of the songs talk about sex and love. I like the lyrics in "Souvanir" because it gives a good metaphor: souvanir of sadness, and tells about people who wait to be loved and appreciated but should go out and find it. I like the lyrics in most of the songs because they are really catchy. While listening to songs like "Twisted Transistor" and "Getting Off" you can't help but sing a long and I think that's the goal, to make a song that you like because it makes you want to sing along. "The greatest lyrical example I would have to say is "Coming Undone." That song is so powerful you can't help yourself. You sing a long, you bob your head, you just go all out nuts. That song is definately going to become a Korn classic. In conclusion I'd say that Jonathan Davis has written some good lyrics and once again captivated the minds of many unsuspecting youths across north america.

While comparing to the other Korn albums it seems obvious that Korn can do no wrong. Although I still stand on my opinion that "self-titled" is the best Korn album but this is still a good CD. This CDis much more expansive than the others, as in their trying out new things, and proving that even though their only four they can fend for themselves. The most impressive songs onthe record are Twisted Transistor (catchy chorus and awesome guitar), Love Song (creepy and incredibly well writen lyrics), Coming Undone (powerful music and vocals), Getting Off (utterly amazing chorus). What I love most about thos CD is the vocals, Jon has always been amazing but now he shows his more melodic side and it rules. The only thing I hate is the techno is "Throw Me Away," way too gay. If it were stolen I'd get my friend to burn it. But that's just me.