See You On The Other Side review by Korn

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
Korn: See You On The Other Side

The sound on this album is vey imdustrial. The sounds interlock with Davis' singing brilliabtly making memrobable melodies. Munky said that the sound takes liseners on a 'Journey'. I would say that somes it up. Oh and buy the way the bagpipes are back! There is alsp scat. The sound is not as heavy as earlier albums but I think that's a good thing as it brings out nore creativity and more clever riffs. It's not as heavy but still sounds like Korn. Not many metal bands have experimented with this sound and I have to say the sound is brilliant. The sound in my opinion sort of takes you on a journey like Munky described and it kept me ooked listening to it. Overall brilliant sound!

The lyrics are pretty random songs about sex, religion, politics, sorrow like in 'Tearjerker', and other stuff. I think it makes a nice change to hear davis sing about other things and not just his childhood but I think he tries to be a bit to clever on politics (one of the only rubbish tracks) he fails miserably 'Wanna talk about polictics?' I mean he's writing a song about polictics but he doesn't care about polictics. Shouldn't he write a song about something that interests him. That way he might write a good song. On a nore positive note on the rest of the album he makes catchy choruses and the lyrics seem to draw the listener in so they must be quite good.

I never thought I would say this but wow Korn have done it again. Brilliant! Not quite as good as Ubtouchables but very good. All the tracks a brilliant apart from politics and souvenir. 12 brilliant tracks at the price of an average of 10. Sounds good to me. All twelve are brilliant but best five are Twisted Transistor, Love Song, Liar, Open Up and Tearjerker. Overall brillinat!