See You On The Other Side review by Korn

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
Korn: See You On The Other Side

Well Korn promised a new sound and I don't think anyone can deny that this really is a new side to Korn. I have to honestly say that I din't quite get into SYOTOS straight away, even though I liked the opening track "Twisted Transistor" the other songs din't really have a huge effect on me, once I arrived at "Throw Me Away" though I felt a strange feeling that only Korn can stimulate inside of me. My hair stood on it's end and my head and feet as if by magic just started moving, I was in a state of euphoria which only this amazing group can bring out of me! The next songs we're all amazing, therefore, I decided to give the first half another shot. I then realised the beauty of this CD, even songs which I didn't like at the beggining e.g. "Politics" & "Hypocrites" are now some of the songs I sing the most. The guitar is perfect, Munky really did a great job without Head, he truly is a great guitarist. David drums as if there were no tommorow, and Jonathan sings like only he can. The only negative thing is that even though Fieldy comes up with some great Bass Lines, we don't hear the clicking of his bass very much. The bagpipes are very well recieved and make a great return.

The lyrics in this album are amazing, many think that he's selling out but his lyrics are just astounding. "Hypocrites" is a great song to sing to as I just visualize Head in my Head (no pun intended) and proceed to scream the chorus to him. Once again Jonathan takes us on a magical trip with his amazing singing, one of the most beautiful songs is "Tearjerker" where our hero sings high, incredible.

I have always loved Korn and always will, this CD is a good comeback for them. It doesn't compare to the amazing "Follow The Leader" or "Issues" but it does a damn good job. My favourite song is probably "Throw Me Away," closely followed by "Twisted Transistor" and "Open Up." A lot of people call them sellouts and fake now, well say what you want to say but Korn are still alive without head, and are making a f--king good job of their music.