See You On The Other Side review by Korn

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
Korn: See You On The Other Side

After the loss of fellow axe-slinger Brian "Head" Welch, Korn, and James "Munkey" Shaffer and to re-invent their music, and ultimatley, the way they construct their guitar pieces. And it seemed to pay off in the form of this CD. From the hodge-podge of sounds that is the intro to Twisted Transistor to the slow, fading outro to Tearjerker, it is an all-around great CD. Having already heard the pair of singles that this album brought to the table, Twisted Transistor and Coming Undone on MTV, I was expecting a great album, but this met and exceeded my expectations. This CD has everything to please different Korn fans. It has the heavy, distorted riffs (Souvenir, Liar, Coming Undone, Getting Off) and the somewhat airey riffs of Tearjerker. Overall, the sound has stayed true to the original, but also offers a little difference.

The lyrics cover a variety of topics, from politics to the departure of Head. Liar, for example, explains about Brian "Head" Welch leaving the band because he "found God" and not communicating with any of the band members. And Politics explains about, well, politics, and what we are doing to get an advantage over each other. Also, Jonathan's somewhat-of-a-signature screaming/rambaling is present in songs like Liar. And his whispering is also present in Tearjerker. Very like past albums. But very good.

There are many impressive songs on the album. All of it are finely pieced together, but a couple stand out. Liar, Coming Undone, Twisted Transistor, and For No One are my personal favorites. Korn is also one of the "better" nu-metal bands out there, and is easily reconized amongst the dozens of posers. If it was lost/stolen, hell yes I would buy snother copy because this is one of the better nu-mteal CDs.

Vin2254
    Yea, the cd wasnt that good. but giving every catagory a 1 is bullsh*t
    JRowe3388
    I loved it. Its definatelt on the top 3 Korn albums for me. I like the industrial feeling it has.
    Kopperhead91
    this is possisbly the best korn album ever. the first album was great. but this is almost better they redeemed themselves for Take a Look In The Mirror which wasnt that good.
    I_Psychotic
    I like the songs on the bonus disc... very nice, not the remixes though, not a techno man myself