Take a Look in the Mirror review by Korn

• Released: Nov 21, 2003
Korn: Take a Look in the Mirror

KoRn goes back to their roots with the really heavy sound that was heard on their first album "KoRn." If you havn't heard anything that's on "Take a Look in the Mirror" and don't really know what it's about, just take the raw power and energy that you heard on the first album and multiply it by a kabajillion. Every single song on the c.d. is heavy and will keep you headbanging. The only reason that I give this album a 4 out of 5 is because of the song "Play Me" which featured Nas. I hate rap and that is the only bad song on the whole album.

Jonathan Davis has proved that he is one of the most unique and best singers in rock music today. His tweaked out voice that he can change in an instant gives you something that no other band does. Although he screams and roars alot on this album, you still get a change to hear is great singing voice. He is one of the few singers that makes all of that screaming shit sound cool. But after awhile can give you a headache.

So far I would say that "Take a Look in the Mirror" is the best KoRn album to date. The only flaws were the stupid rapping shit with Nas and all of the screaming, which isn't really bad, just so much of it gets kind of annoying. It's the best album that I've bought in years. I give it a 5 out of 5.