Take a Look in the Mirror review by Korn

• Released: Nov 21, 2003
Korn: Take a Look in the Mirror

The sound on this record was very good. The heavy chourses on songs like "Let's do this now" and "Here it comes again" are some of the roughest and dark, angry sounding screams and guitar riffs KoRn has ever created. "Y'all want a single" seems to be a big "fuck you" to their record comany for putting them under pressure to right a hit single, maybe a bit of a joke, the song is kick ass. It has very awesome guitat riffs and just the entire song is very good. There should be no trouble picking another single frome this record, there should be atleast two more.

The lyrics were typical jonathon Davis lyrics. Singing(mostly screaming during the breakdowns and choruses) mostly about the same old shit, pain, hate, etc. I think some of the best lyrics J.D. has ever wrote are from "Let's do this now", the chorus goes "Bring you down, mercy I can not alow, through your face, my fist will plow, watching as your blood pours down, let's do this now."

This album compares more to their first two (Life is Peachy, and KoRn). For some reason KoRn has not been able to top their first album according to probaly any korn fan but this comes very close to toping it. The best songs from the album are "Alive" (from their very first demo album), Everything I've Known", "Counting on me", "Here it comes again", and "Y'all want a single". This album is totally worth buying. You will not regret it.