Take a Look in the Mirror review by Korn

• Released: Nov 21, 2003
Korn: Take a Look in the Mirror

The down-tuned guitars of Munk and Fieldy are back, and Davis' haunting voice never ceases to amuse me. The sound quality of this album is great. The riffs are pretty simple, and anyone could learn how to play the album, but the parts are put together so well, it makes it fun to learn. Korn even gives rapper Nas, an appearance on "Play Me". The sounds of Take A Look In The Mirror are a mixture of all the sounds they've come up with so far. From the screaming hatred and heavy ass riffs, to the melodic tone of their fifth album, Untouchables, the band has done well with creating a good sounding cd.

Although I think it's great that Korn brought back the sound of their older albums, the lyrics are very reminiscent, in which Davis sings about the pain and hatred in his life towards other people. Davis has, however, matured as a singer, as he mixes elements of his melodic, creepy voice, with his ever-so-gut-wrenching screams. A good mix, but some of the lyrics just remind me too much of all their other stuff.

I wouldn't say this is the BEST Korn cd, but compared to Issues and Untouchables, Take A Look In The Mirror is MUCH better. Some of the choruses can be really dull, but have really great verses, and vice-versa, so there's not that many really really awesome songs, just a bunch of good ones. The best songs to me are "Right Now", "Play Me", and the cover they did for Metallica "The One", awesome job there. Anyways BUY this cd, it's well worth it.