Take a Look in the Mirror review by Korn

• Released: Nov 21, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
Korn: Take a Look in the Mirror

Korn is still alive,after 10 years of rocking and changing the heavy music scene. 'Take a look in the mirror' is an album that is more of their old style albums like 'Follow the leader' and their self-titled album 'Korn'. The sound and riffs in this album are almost same in every song, and this is a shame,a very terrible shame. I agree that new guys have come in, but that doesnt mean the songs should be 'almost' replicas of the others. However,some songs like 'Did my time' are pretty good, and that's showing the full advantage of two guitarists. This album was a pretty mediocre effort, though if they ever get a new one out, they should change.

Korn's lyrics are still same. Or rather, Jon is not willing to go ahead with time. If you've noticed, Jon has almost same lyrics in ALL of his albums,not only this one. But it would be better if he'd change,because the lyrics that he displays are full of hatred,pain and problems, that don't go too well with the sound of the instruments being played. They don't match. If someone wants to feel good, thinking, 'He's not the only one with trouble', he should read the lyrics, rather than listening to the songs. Jon should rather change his lyrics to 'How he fought the demon' or something, rather than what happens after fighting the big guy.

'Take a look in the mirror' is an album that most of us will buy,thinking of how the new guys are,same case as in Limp bizkit's 'Results may vary'. Although the songs are almost same, most of the school bands can learn the songs and maybe just play them in the school concerts or somethin'.Because only a handful really go deep into music in a school,right? One little thing, even if you don't lose this album, get a new one like P.O.D.'s 'Payable on death', or buy Limp Bizkit's old stuff, cos' you're gonna get bored with this stuff. Email me if you've got different plans for this album.my email id is cannonball_900@hotmail.com...