Take a Look in the Mirror review by Korn

• Released: Nov 21, 2003
Korn: Take a Look in the Mirror

Can't get any better than Korn. To let you know I'm doing a review on Korn's 6th album, Take A Look In The Mirror. For those of you who don't know Korn, they are David Silvera (Drums), James "Munky" Shaffer (guitar) Jonathan Davis (vocals, bagpipes), Reginald "Fieldy Snuts" Arvizu (Bass guitar), and Brian "Head" Welch(guitar). The sound is awsome. The guitars sound so cool because the tuning is really low and this album has alot of heavy riffs. Fieldy's slap style has a lot to do with the sound of Korn. It is really powerfull, sometimes to powerfull like in the single right now, I think the bass overpowers the guitars a bit much. Overall, the sound that Korn makes is right for a Heavy Metal band.

The lyrics in this album is violent but then a gain, it is heavy metal, what do you expect, songs about flowers, bunny rabbits, and other cute furry creatures. The lyrics in this album is great but he sounds like that he has no self esteem. Don't blame him, he was picked on as he was a kid. Jonathan Davis (vocals) is a very talented singer. He could screem, sing softely, and sing regulary. On Take a Look in the Mirror, he screams more than usual.

From the looks of it, this album, Take A Look In The Mirror, is not comparable. All the songs in this album is great but if I had to pick the songs, it would be Right Now (Track 1), Counting On Me (Track 3), Did My Time (Track 6), Alive (Track 9), I'm Done (Track 11), and Y'all Want A Single (Track 12). The one song I didn't like was Play Me (Track 8) because it is a rap song done by rapper guest Nas, but when Jonathan Davis (vocals) sang that heavy part, that made it in my book. For the people who haven"t listen to the whole album yet and is reading this review, about 11:00 minutes in the song When Will This End (Track 13), It playes Korn's live performance at the MTV Icon with Metallica, they played the song One (track 4 off of the And Justice For All... album from Metallica). What I love about this album is that it has Fieldy (bass guitar) doing a lot of slapping again and the hard vocals Jonathan Davis (vocals) did. I don't really hate any thing about this album. If I lost it, Like I said in the Arch Enemy(Wages Of Sin) review, I would rip the house apart looking for it, and if I don't find, I will buy it again. This album, Take A Look In The Mirror, is definitly worth buying. It was nice doing this review. Korn rules, my favorite band.