Take a Look in the Mirror review by Korn

• Released: Nov 21, 2003
Korn: Take a Look in the Mirror

This has to be the heaviest album Korn has put out to date not to mention one of the best. The intros are loud, the bass is very distinguished, and John has improved his singing. The title of the album makes perfect senes. It tells you to take a look into the mirror and a lot of the songs relate to that. They also had to release the album early because some how an unmixed version leaked onto the Internet.

Most of the songs are hateful and rebelious, but there are a few that are slow tempoed. There was a lot of death metal screams in these songs. Most of the songs fit into everyday life and a lot of people can relate to them. John aloud Head to sing a lot and I believe that was a good choice because it added style instead of John singing all the time.

I think this album is one of a kind and Korn has realy matured. I felt Righ Now, Y'all Want A Single, Break Some Off, and Counting On Me were very diffrent from traditional Korn plus they were very unique sounding on the album. Also if you wait a while after when will this end you can listen to their cover of Metallica's One live. The only song I hated was Play Me because I can't stand anything that isn't a form of rock. The bonus DVD had some funny but cool footage from the Untouchables world tour, Here To Stay live, all there music videos cut up, and Right Now Mirror Mix music video. If this CD was lost or stolen I would buy it again and by it for all my friends.

ST. DIZZY!
    Me to! Korn rocks!
    dean4ever wrote: Thanks for the insight, now i gotta go get me a new Korn CD!!