Take a Look in the Mirror review by Korn

• Released: Nov 21, 2003
Korn: Take a Look in the Mirror

The sound of the band is metal, but yet much more. This album for instance has some of the heavier songs that Korn has produced. The sound comes out in angery bursts and you can't control yourself when you hear it and so you start to tap to the rhythm or head banging till your head falls off. You want ot scream because this music brings out the inner beast that wants to rip everything apart. The album also calms you down so that you can comprhend everything Jonathan Davis is saying(lead singer). He describes feelings like no other singer I know. The album also has a little rap but it's not to bad.

Like I said the lyrics are deep and emotional, dark, saddening, but yet you want to hear more because you like that inner beast that screams inside of you. The lyrics flow eith the rythm and it's kind of soothing if you pay attention. The singer has so many skills and he displays a new one, screaming. He has done this before but not so intense and wild. But yet it sounds good and you can hear every word that he is saying, but he also uses his other techniques like wisper scream and regulary talking, but it doesn't matter that he screams or wispers the sound is perfect and you can't help but sing along and shout if you know the words.

I don't think any band can be compared to KoRn and you will find out if you listen to them or if you already have then you probably will agree wiht that statement. The most impressive songs from the album would have to be "Right Now", "Did My Time", "Here It Comes Again", "Alive", "Counting On Me", "Ya'll Want A Single", and When Will This End"(at the end of this song there will be 6:13 of silence then Korn performes "One" by Metallica live). I love thsi whole album and I don't hate anything but I dislike the rap song ("Play Me") a little bit.I would buy this album if it ever got lost(Doubtfull) or stolen (yeah right lets see someone try wiht out getting messed up).