Take a Look in the Mirror review by Korn

• Released: Nov 21, 2003
Korn: Take a Look in the Mirror

Combine the intense sound of seven string guitars, a crushing low end bass, styled rhythmic drum beats, and brutal lyrics; you've got one of Korn's best albums. The style consists of metal sound with a pop beat if you will. Low tuned and heavy sound suits this album as well as vocals that rip you to pieces.

The lyrics are simply THE BEST. With songs such as Right Now showing very intense and brutal lyrics, John Davis takes Korn to another level of lyrics and lashing out. Along with saying things with meaning, John is a hell of a singer. He growls, sings, and screams.

I love this album. I do wish, however, that the song "Play Me" would be removed from the album. I hate rap music. It doesn't add anything good for the album and takes away from the mood with the rest of the record. Other than that, this is when Brian "Head" Welch (lead guitar) was still in the band and when Korn was at the top and at it's prime. If it was lost or stolen, of course I'm going to go buy it again. My favorite song in the album is "Right Now" as mentioned above.

Zell182
    Pretty awesome album but their first 3 will always be the best. Y'all Wanna Single is pure genius though and Right Now is pretty good.