Untitled review by Korn

• Released: Jul 31, 2007
Korn: Untitled

Korn is back with "Untitled" and pushed their Alternative Metal sound more towards the Progressive/Industrial, basically a continuation of See You on the Other Side. More of an spacey feel to it a lot of melodic songs but evened out with some rocker like Bitch We Got a Problem and Hold On but heaviest song on the album to me is "Killing", but for the most part songs Like "Kiss" and "Hushabye" blends with and forms the album into an up and down somber rollercoaster. Munky also use many different guitars and amps instead of the barrage of effects like in other albums also using the very cool 8 string guitar on "Bitch We Got a Problem" and other various instruments. Fieldy has a fifteen string bass which is awesome, and Jon coming back on drums along with Terry B. great drummer which adds to the Prog sound they're already conveying. Overall sound is different even for KoRn but only adds to the excitement of the album.

The lyrics are well, they're getting better as far substance because with this album it's not as polital as SYOTOS but it's dose deal with the KoRn usual (Suicide, Life, Death, Love, Not being Loved) so nothing different except maybe I will Protect You which a song to his kids and is also about his disease and Evolution. Their songs on the album with some enpowerment lyrics but other than that nothing different. Not much to say though Love it though.

The album is different than the other albums overall sound the Nu-Metal is their but doesn't overwelm the other entire album which I kinda miss but the I also understand and like change I mean you don; t want the same sound lyric or anything over and over or else it will get stale quick. The songs are great and wasn't what I expected whcih I nice I like surprises and even when it showed on the internet early when I went out to buy there where things that still surprised me. I love that it mixed Indutrial and Prog along with the new metal song the made so famous. You can't help but love because you get everything in one package.

fender_NiNE
    this is obviously going to sound redundant but i cant stand KoRn. How they survived the nu-metal era is beyond me.
    SpikeyMeteor
    When I first listened to this album I must say I had a bloody strong urge 2 snap the thing in half!!!But after listening to it a couple of times I noticed they hav improved alot from thier last album.I actually like it alot now.I reckon wat korn fans must accept is that Korn has passd its "Golden Era".They basically created Nu-Metal and stayed on the top 4 a long time.But the Nu-Metal scene is getting stale now.Everythings bein done.So Korn looks 2 reinvent themselves by dabbing in a bit of techno stuff and softer stuff.I reckon its working 4 them 2.Even though some fans might say they've gone all shit.Thats alot of crap cause they're still selling just as well as thier first albums did.So my advice is give this album a try and be opened minded about it.
    Brian Gelvin
    Their last two albums haven't been that great, mainly because Head left and he was the main talent of the band. I don't think Munky can write that good of riffs it all sounds the same, I miss the old KoRn.
    scoTT2356
    Korn needs to get their metal
    South-of-Heaven wrote: KoRnOnA6String wrote: bands, such as Minus The Bear, The Shins, Wilco, Deftones,The Mars Volta, and Death Cab For Cutie will be remembered. Apart from Deftones, they'll be remembered because of their shite names >.> Seriously, their names annoy the shit out of me. You can't even take them the cheezy way, they're just too f-ing crap.. >.< Our children's generation will be listening to these bands I'll bare-handedly kill my children of they do : To all the people bashing Korn: Just drop it. There's no point, AT ALL. Most of you can't even spell properly (not to mention your general punctuation), and you're just making yourselves look like asses. If you lost interest in Korn because of this album, but still take the time to inform us about that, it's obvious you're just here to piss people off, because why bother with something you have no interest in? LOL @ you guys. LOL. Personally, I really like this album, and it's right up there with their first album, in my opinion. I absolutely hated Life Is Peachy, it's my leasy favourite, but Follow The Leader, Issues, Untouchables, TALITM and SYOTOS, I love them all. The people that don't like this album or SYOTOS are either people that bum Head, or are too closed-minded to appreciate change and diversity, because I even listen to Cannibal Corpse, Children of Bodom, Hypocrisy and other (melodic) death metal bands, and they're a lot heavier, or at least more 'brutal' than Korn has ever been, and I love those bands to death (no pun intended, lol). I don't listen to just about anything (I can't stand metalcore, mostly, although I like Chimaira's latest album), so it's not that I like this because I like all kinds of music. I like this album, and this band, because it's a GOOD album, and 'oldschool' Korn-fans who can't see that, well, your loss, not ours, but don't come bitching please, it's just plain annoying. *Waits for the first idiot that quotes and says "STFU U SUX!!!".. >.>* STFU U SUX!!! Nah, I'm actually with you on this one. +1
    i agree with you, except for the part about Life Is Peachy.
    demondown666
    i didnt care much to this album, john said this album would be heaviest album. lied some. but i cant hate on john. alright this has nothing to do with this album. but i was wondering for the hardcore fans of korn. what fx did korn use back in the "Issues" era?
    W.h.o.r.EGuitar
    Idk, this albums weird, but beeter than the last one... i like it... And why does every one diss life is peachy I mean it aint perfect but not that bad
    dylank69
    i got to say this has to be one of the worst albums ive ever listened to if korn thinks this shit sounds good they better think again. hands down the worst korn album ever they better put some effort in their next because this album is pure bullshit
    This album is exactly what i mean when i say korn are not afraid of experimenting genres and thats why they are a well known band i rekon korn is the greatest thing to hit nu metal and if u dont have anythin good to say about then the go and get ur pals and make a better band then