Untitled review by Korn

• Released: Jul 31, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 3.7 Poor
Korn: Untitled

Their last great album was Untouchables. Since the parting of Brian "Head" Welch, the band has toned down and fallen away from their hate themed music of the late '90s. Now then are becoming more of a melodic sigh being blasted through amps. What has happened to Korn? Korn had promised after See You On The Other Side that their next album would be even heavier. They are gradually getting more and more relaxed. I was actually able to blast Untitled in my room and sleep like a baby. A metal band shouldn't allow you to sleep while blasting their new album. I am ashamed of Korn and their new sound. I agree that for a while there was not enough change between albums, but this is rediculous. At least play rock. And Jon Davis' singing in this one sounds like a small child who had a nightmare. The song "Kiss" makes me think that he had scraped his knee with the whinny tone of his.

I know from past albums that Jonathan Davis can be a great vocalist. And he can write great lyrics to songs. But now all of Korn's songs are just to slow, the singing is becoming whinning and the lyrics are all worthy of laughing at. Songs like Polotics, and Twisted Transistor. they don't make any sense and they are a far stretch from their last albums. Untitled is a disgrace. using songs like "Love and Luxury" to attack their ex-guitarist. Korn are falling apart.

The album sucks. I made the mistake of buying it. I wouldn't recommend buying it if you haven't already. Borrow a copy of it or pirate it off the net. Don't waste money on it. There are some decent songs on it though. I liked "Hold On", "Evolution", and "Starting Over". But for the most part, it's not worth the money.

Funyun
    i agree with u 23156 i hate it when a band doesn't change much thru out thier cds and Korn is a good band that isn't afraid to do just that. except for A7x i think they should go back to their old stuff. back to korn its ok i like Issues better though
    Marley167
    Covin wrote: This album blurs in the middle big time. After "Evolution" up to "Killing" or "Hushabye" it's all filler.
    Couldn't agree more lol.
    Marley167
    People seem to keep going on about hushabye being a crap song or too mellow, but I love it tbh.