Untitled review by Korn

• Released: Jul 31, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Korn: Untitled

Untitled was the only album that Korn had a title left out blank and sadly to say, the album was pretty much blank. Though previous albums like Follow The Leader, See You On The Other Side had hits like Twisted Transistor, this would probably be a disappointing album because the tracks have the same sound. Number one hits like Evolution and Hold On (which have turned to videos) may be great for those who like the nu metal genre but I liked Do What They Say, Ever Be and B****, We Got A Problem. The bonus track is average since I'm not a nu metal fan. If you are a nu metal fan, then buy the album otherwise it's better to just borrow and hear it.

Since the title of the album was left out, well I thought the lyrics would suck but the album's lyrics are great! Hits like Evolution show the evolution that we are going through while Hold On tells you to pretty much hold on. Well, the lyrics are okay; I wouldn't call them great because the album pretty much doesn't mean anything. So if you liked hearing the lyrics and then listening to the music, I don't think you should hear it but for the sake of Korn, I guess the lyrics are okay!

I don't think I am so impressed with Untitled, partially because it's the same like other Korn albums. You can appreciate songs like Evolution and Hold On and I partially liked the video Evolution (not Hold On because it had no meaning). I like that Korn left the album for us to decide and since it was a much-hyped album, I bought it but I didn't like it. If I lost it, well don't buy it. Save your money and buy the next Metallica album which comes out this September 2008 or Guns N' Roses which comes out later this year.

pootoob
    caseygustaveson wrote: NightwishAngel wrote: 'em, Korn will (and always be) one of the best rock bands ever. Haha, never were, never will be. In my opinion, Nu Metal, and Screamo bands are just going to be completely forgotten years from now. Other, more creative and talented bands, such as Minus The Bear, The Shins, Wilco, Deftones,The Mars Volta, and Death Cab For Cutie will be remembered. Our children's generation will be listening to these bands, and will be laughing at bands that our generation listened to, such as Korn, Hawthorne Heights, Limp Bizkit, etc, like my generation snickers at the lame hair metal bands.
    None of those bands are big enough to be remembered in 20 years. I've only heard of three of them, and only like 1 (mars volta). I'm not pretending to be speaking on behalf of everyone, but come on man. We all know bands like RHCP will be remembered, cos they sell **** loads of cds.
    guitgrinder wrote: is some idiot above me saying that Korn is not original? whether you like 'em or not is one thing, but if you think they are un-original then please be so kind to tell me where I can find a band that was doing Korn's style of music before they were. As far as I know, NOTHING before '94 sounded like the self-titled Korn album, thereby making it truly original.
    Dude, Korn is basically a combination of Faith No More and Rage Against the Machine. Also, just because they were the only "nu-metal" band with a big contract in 94 doesn't mean they were the only one of their kind.