Untouchables review by Korn

• Released: Jun 11, 2002
Korn: Untouchables

For their first album of the new millenum it is probly the most memorable. After 4 albums (Korn, Life Is Peach, Follow The Leader, and Issues) they still are on top of nu-metal. The style of Head, Munkey, and Feidly hasn't changed much from the original Korn soud but the changes in heaviness and effecs were made for the better. John seemed to be more mellowed out on this CD but I still consider it one of their best works.

The lyrics seem to be more calm and less hateful but you can still feel the energy from them. They realy matured in this album and it seemed they were also trying to reach out to more than just teens. Songs like "Hallow Life," "No One's There," and "Alone I break" started out soft but transitioned into a more heavier tone and seemed to fit well into life today. "Here To Stay" and "Thoughtless" realy grabed my attention. They are heavy all the way and the instruments realy varied to make 2 great songs. Near the end the song "Wake Up Hate" would have to be the most drastic change they made. It started out with a techno beat, went to the chorus wich was loud, and had a soft verse. John has also come a long way vocaly. He sung the highest I've ever heard him sing and did some of the best death metal screams up to date (Take A Look In The Mirror was better on that part).

This album is like nothing they have ever done befor or up till now as well. I felt "Here To Stay," "Wake Up Hate," "Blame" and "Thoughtless" were the best songs on this album vocaly and instrumentaly. I realy love how they keep take their sound to the next level with every album by trying new effects and singing styles. If this album was lost or stolen I would definatly buy it again as well as for all my friends.