Helvetista Itaan Review

Kotiteollisuus: Helvetista Itaan
Released: Sep 12, 2003
Genre: Heavy Metal
Label: Megamania
It's nice and heavy album from the most depressive country in Europe - or whole world. And for sure it sounds like that. It's worth checking out.
 7.7
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Helvetista Itaan Reviewed by: zannibal, on january 09, 2012

Sound: Kotiteollisuus is a metal band from Finland. Their music is really simple, no hard riffing, barely any melodies, no solos, slow tempo. They got pretty heavy sound. Some of the songs are a bit softer, and song called "Mina Olen" became famous for some time in Finland. Can't really whine, songs aren't too long. // 8

Lyrics: Singer, Jouni Hynynen, is kind of famous in Finland. Not for his music though, but other things like his TV-show. His voice is deep and low, but he's not doing any growling. His voice fits perfectly the simple and heavy sound of band. I think one of most important thing is lyrics as their music is so simple; They're pretty depressing. "Mina Olen", for example: "Katson ulos ikkunasta, en ne iloa tll" which means "I look out of the window, I see no happiness here" or part of "Taman Taivaan Alla": "Unohduksen sylista nousee, raudan harmaalle taivaalle lintujen parvet, kun tuuli levittaa tomua yllemme pelkaan kuolemaa, ei kukaan kulje taalla vetten paalla pelkaan kuolemaa, ja pelkn elaa taalla" which means "Lap are raising From oblivion's To the iron-gray sky Flocks of birds, When the wind is spreading dust on us I'm afraid of death, no one is walking on the waters here I'm afraid of death and I'm afraid of living here" They're just singing about the depressive parts of life. Everything is gray and dead, "all hope is gone". They also mention Christianity a few times, like the part "no one is walking of the waters here", or in song "Veri Valuu Maahan" they mention that leaders get money while soldiers die because god doesn't show up anywhere. // 9

Overall Impression: Not my favorite genre of metal, but I like this one. It's nice and heavy album from the most depressive country in Europe - or whole world. And for sure it sounds like that. It's worth checking out, but be warned - they sing in Finnish language, and if you can't understand anything, you may not be very impressed. // 8

Comments