Enemy Of God review by Kreator

• Released: Jan 11, 2005
Kreator: Enemy Of God

Instantly recognizable as Kreator. Especially Mille Petrozza's voice, this is the first Kreator album I heard and after purchasing several albums from their back catalogue I still think this is by far their best album. It's melodic yet heavy, simple yet technical and insanely fast thrash playing mellowed out in areas with slow clean or acoustic parts. Plenty of harmonies, face-melting solos (especially in The Ancient Plague) yet chug riffs, and speed-of-light thrash riffs! On the whole the entire album is just awe inspiring.

General lyrical theme which tends to follow typical thrash themes such as anti-religion, anti-politics, the apocalypse. Petrozza is a lyrical genius, his choice of lyrics fit well with the guitar parts. I'm especially fond of the lyrics building up to the solo in The Ancient Plague: "And I saw millions of souls Preparing for the last incarnation No more earthly pleasures no more life's temptation And the ghosts of long forgotten sociaties Cast out wicked dreams from the heart of the lost The future is drowning in the ashes of the past And through the toxic stench of human tragedy A saviour appears in a red mask in front of me And satan is his name!" Pure and utter genius!

Personally this is my favourite Kreator album. It has inspired me as a guitarist and songwriter for my band to write heavy, technical thrash riffs and intricate melodic leadwork over the top of these riffs. In my own personal opinion I would say this album is like a thrash version of Iron Maiden. The music and lyrics are well written, the band as a whole play tighter than a Nun's vagina, I adore the idea of heavy riffs and melodic parts, as I like the general melodic side of thrash and death metal. I do not have a single negative comment to say about this album. It is a must own for any thrasher out there!

postmortem2006
    Nice review Greg! A little fanboyish, but then again I can't speak haha. No mention of any of the drumming or anything though!
    IRONMAIDENTLICA
    I only got into this band in the last 6 months or so, and i have to say this is definatly my favorite album by them, they are absolutly incredible