Pleasure To Kill review by Kreator

• Released: Jan 1, 1986
Kreator: Pleasure To Kill

Kreator is one of the three original "Teutonic Thrash" bands that came out of Germany. Their album Pleasure to Kill shows the bands style of non-stop thrash with death metal characteristics. Every song after the one minute intro "Choir of the Damned" is extremely fast with the usual thrash style.

The lyrical style on this album is borderline death metal with lyrical topics generally having to do with violence and death, although the lyrics themselves aren't amazing the lyrics complement the extremely fast songs well. Although all of these songs are fast don't expect a 20 minutes album, most of these 12 songs range from 3-4 minutes with the 2 longest being 7 minutes long. The singing style on this album reminds me somewhat of Chuck Schuldiner's with Death, but maybe a little less death-metallish. No cookie muncher singing on this album.

Overall this album is a solid above average thrash metal album. The songs that stood out to me the most were the title track, "Ripping Corpse", and "Flag Of Hate". None of the songs on this album stood out to me as below par for the album, making it a strong album to listen through completely. The riffs are great thrash riffs on every track and the solos are fast and chaotic, reminding me somewhat of slayer. If you are a fan of early thrash and don't already own this album I would recommend you buy it, It definitely wasn't a waste of my money.

metallica72487
    boyan89
    I couldn't stop listening to this album this one day, it's brilliant.
    postmortem2006
    Absolute beast of a record, but it grates a little bit. Theres not as much variation as I'd have liked. Still, absolutely savage album.
    Silas S Thompso
    metallica72487 : this is a pretty cool album i got it a couple days ago but i got to say the vocals remind of leprechaun doing death metal it sounds just like warwick davis is the singer lol
    I think he reminds me of the singer of Dark Angel. Both bands sound real similar, although Dark Angel is faster.
    sevenchurches13
    Is this guy impying that Chuck Schuldiners vocals are cookie monster vocals? *lays hand on meat cleaver*