Hearts Of The Innocent review by Kutless

• Released: Mar 21, 2006
Kutless: Hearts Of The Innocent

The first sound I heard on the album was the roaring of a guitar scorching through a monstrous riff. This was the first song that I heard when the played at Gracefest in Pensacola yesterday, the first song I heard from them. After hearing the first verse I wanted to buy this CD. They are so good, that after their time slot was done, the croud called for an encore and they played 2 more songs. They are amazing. This is coming from a hardcore zakk wylde/Black Label Society, Pantera/Damageplan fan.

The vocals are a voiced with a huge amounts of emotion and a couple times was screamed out with a surprising amount of fury. The lyrics on whole were well written considering they are christian hard rock. The vocals/lyrics flowed to and fro with the music depending on the needed amount of energy as dictated by the guitar.

I'm not a big christian hard rock fan but this album had me hooked. The best songs probably are Hearts Of The Innocent, Shut Me Out, and Somewhere In The Sky. The sound of these songs are amazing and flow around perfectly. However the one song, Mistakes is one of the few that seemed as it was written in 2 minutes and is not that really complex. The band overall is very skilled, the drummer at Gracefest played a five minute solo going faster than humanly possible. The guitarists also are skilled at writting riffs and meshing with the lyrics. If this album was taken/stolen I would probably buy it again or burn it from my 5 other friends that bought this album.