Sea Of Faces review by Kutless

• Released: Feb 24, 2004
Kutless: Sea Of Faces

The sound on this album is very diverse. Some songs are heavy, while other songs are soft and meallow. There are many annoying CCM artist out today, that do not attract a younger crowd. CCM artist like Third Day, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Michael W. Smith are all overplayed artist, and are mainly liked among adults. Kutless is the opposite of this. Actually, I might consider them to be Alternative CCM. Kutless' new album is a very positive, edgy, and solid release. Songs like "Let You In" or "Teason" are brilliant Hard Rock songs, while songs like, "Sea Of Faces" or "All Of The Words" ares soft, with powerful lyrics. So, it is hard to put Kultess in a single genre. I guess Post-Grunge would be fare.

The lyrics are solid, and mainly reflected on Christ. Kutless is all positive, and the lyrics are very powerful. The most powerful song on the album would probably have to be, "All Of The Words", which is a sweet worship song to God. The lead singer's voice is amazing, his voice can be soft at times, but he also adds in some roaring and screaming. His voice is perfect for this style of music.

This probably my second favorite Christian rock album. My first choice is hard to beat, 12 Stones' debut album is an awsome Christian rock album. However, Kutless is a great band, and if this CD were lost or stolen, I would get another copy right away.