Strong Tower review by Kutless

• Released: Mar 1, 2005
Kutless: Strong Tower

This album was not one for high reviews. The reason for this was due to lack of originallity within the album and they only put 2 new songs onto this new CD. I agree, worship CDs from a rock band are not original, it has indeed been done before. But to be fair, some people can write good songs, and bands can perfect it. Skillet perfected the song "Shout To The Lord" and Kutless have done so with Strong Tower. Kutless have taken songs, older and newer and added that rock edge onto the CD. Done well.

Now Jon Micca really can sing. He does that the Scott Stapp sound in his voice, but uses a bit more aggression and passion in my view. The thing about worship lyrics, is what is new? Musicially, worship lyrics shout out praises to Jesus, so are not new. However, on a Christian/worship point of view, they express love for Jesus perfectly.

01. We Fall Down - a classic song, which Kutless did so much justice to. Great riffs, powerful vocals, good key to sing in too. 02. Finding Who We Are - an instant classic song. Quite medium in the tempo, but really cool song. 03. Take Me In - if Kutless perfected any song, it was this. Superb riffs, every note is spot on. Applause for Kutless. 04. Ready For You - quite a nice song, however a bit dry and repetative. 05. Draw Me Close - quite rocky and acousticy. Not a bad job done to this. 06. All Who Are Thirsty - not a huge amount different to what everyone has done. Not too bad though. 07. Better Is One Day - same as We Fall Down, Kutless have done justice to this Matt Redman classic. 08. All Of The Words - this was a dull song, even off of the Sea of Faces CD. Pointless really. 09. Strong Tower - the single, and lyrically powerful. Not stereotypical Kutless, but is very good. 10. Jesus, Lord Of Heaven - they really did justice on this one too. Instant classic. 11. I Lift My Eyes Up - this, unlike Strong Tower, is very stereotypcial Kutless. Drop D riff, you can either mosh to this or worship to it. 12. Word Of God Speak - another dry song from this CD. Musicially, this is not hugely exciting. 13. Arms Of Love - I can see why Kutless did this like they did, but it is not exciting. Avoid. Overall, Kutless have not done a bad job at all, but there are a lot of things they could have changed. Maybe next time boys.

sg4ever
    This cd wasn't supposed to be original or musically awesome. As christians they felt it was the right thing to do and they're right. God needs praising and this album deos just as good a job as any other. Just plain good worship with a rocky beat.