To Know That You're Alive review by Kutless

• Released: Jun 24, 2008
Kutless: To Know That You're Alive

All I have to say is wow. Kutless' new sound in this album is great. They definatly did not do the same thing twice. In this record the guitars do not sound as prossesed as all the other records. That helps them to achive a greater live playing ability. Their sound has gotten more raw in the and the new guitarist has been a great replacement for the old guitarist. The bass in this album is easier to hear too and in sounds well along with drums. The drumming has also been really amplifide it really shows his talent on this album.

Jon Micah Summral hsa really improved his singing ability this record. I think he has a slightly new style abit more Jeremy Camp sounding voice than in the early records that he almost sounded like Scott Stapp. The Lyrics really fit in with the music. I think in the next records you will see his singing ability improve. He will definately be a famous Christina singer some day.

For Kutless it is definatyly thier best album yet. My favorite songs on the album are The Feeling, To Know That You're Alive, The Dicease And The Cure, Complete, Overcoming Me, and Loud. I love the newer abit more raw sound and the singing on the album. One thing in a few of the songs they us bigger words trhat some people may not understand but it is only in 2 songs so no reason to go get a dictionary. If this album was stolen I would buy it even though I have on my computer. If it was stolen again I would buy it again. This album is great.

Stangblu68
    i got the album the day it came out. it really is an awesome album and the riffs are more raw, but i still think that the old heavy rock sound like in hearts of the innocent was better. still the title track and the feeling are very well done and i hope they continue to make new music
    schecterman1990
    This is an awesome CD, but I like the other Kutless CD's better. And not just because they used Schecters on their first 3 CD's. But this one was better than Sea of Faces.
    RAGman22ReborN
    meh i thought Hearts of the Innocent was Kutless' best work. this was as disappointing as pillar's For the love of the Game release (Pillar's best album having been the Reckoning & Where do we go from Here)
    I.Crossfire.I
    jesuspunk777
    I.Crossfire.I wrote: I can hardly say that the new Kutless album is 'awesome'. Everything is no where near as together as their older stuff. Everything feels extremely rushed and in some songs the tempo changes for no apparent reason... I do enjoy the album, but their best work? I think not.
    i believe that they are writing the music from there heart wether it is their best cd or not they are doing for the glory of God.
    aaron_masta
    gojaromeiginla wrote: they're only really great in the Christian world. When compared to other "secular" artists, they aren't that great. Not to say they aren't good, but I think they should either be rated somewhere near a 7, or have the word Christian clearly attached.
    ummm. whats wrong with them being Christian? just beacuse we're (yes im Christian)Christian doesn't make them a worse or better band. it simply reflects on how the lyrics come out. check out 'Complete' that WHOLE SONG is about us being complete ONLY in God. im a HUGE fan of Kutless and to say that they suk just because they're Christian won't be accepted in the secular world either. do you know where the strings were recorded? i'll tell you where... Abbey Road. don't tell me that someone like you hasn't heard of that. you see, it doesn't matter if a band is Christian or not, as long as they produce good, quality music.
    Skillet_Panhead
    papersun87 wrote: Wow. Fanboy review.
    Indeed... I've yet to find a flawless, perfect 10 album, even in stuff that I'M considered a "fanboy" in. (Skillet for instance)
    gojaromeiginla
    Nobody seems to want to say that Kutless is a Christian band. It was only mentioned once in the review, and not even touched in the genre list at the top. That gives the impression that Kutless is just another great band, however, they're only really great in the Christian world. When compared to other "secular" artists, they aren't that great. Not to say they aren't good, but I think they should either be rated somewhere near a 7, or have the word Christian clearly attached.
    gojaromeiginla
    Oh, sorry, let me clarify something. The word "CCM" is attached, but not everybody knows what that means.