...And The Circus Leaves Town review by Kyuss

• Released: Jan 1, 1995
Kyuss: ...And The Circus Leaves Town

...And The Circus Leaves Town, Kyuss' final album before breaking up (for good) in 1996, sounds good, but not as good as it's predecessor Welcome to Sky Valley. I was in high school when this came out and remember seeing it in stores before I bought it. Sometime later, I felt disappointed that this would be their last album before guitarist Josh Homme would form Queens of the Stone Age and singer John Garcia would form his own projects. I've been a huge fan of Kyuss since I've heard Sky Valley and of course, yes, I still listen to their music as well as any song off this record.

John Garcia and Josh Homme have amazing songwriting skills, they are both regarded as one of the best stoner rock musicians in history. The lyrics and sound on most of the songs on this album kick so much ass and are just plain powerful. The writing techniques are cool or hilarious, like on "One Inch Man" ("one inch man, lonely soul, two inch man, gimme more") and "Tangy Zizzle" ("f--k the others, f--k your teacher").

...And the Circus Leaves Town is not as good as their first three albums, but that doesn't mean it's their worst one. I would still recommend this album to anyone who's never heard of Kyuss as well as Wretch, Blues for the Red Sun and Sky Valley. I don't know which album I would compare it to, but probably either Monster Magnet's Spine of God, Superjudge, Dopes to Infinity or Powertrip. My favorite songs on this record are "Hurricane", "One Inch Man", "Phototropic", "El Rodeo", "Tangy Zizzle", "Size Queen" and "Day One", a hidden track from "Spaceship Landing". If my CD was lost anywhere, maybe I will buy it again.

Saf1
    "...And the Circus Leaves Town is not as good as their first three albums , but that doesn't mean it's their worst one ." Oh lawdy
    Claid
    I really like this album. In fact, I prefer it to Welcome To Sky Valley. Even though it doesn't have any immediately catchy classics such as Gardenia, I believe the songs from this album beat the previous effort in quality. Spaceship Landing is an amazing song, with the gorgeous Day One hidden track to further place the icing on the cake.
    Saf1
    Well unless he was referring to their obscure demos and Wretch, which I doubt