Blues for the Red Sun review by Kyuss

• Released: Jun 30, 1992
Kyuss: Blues for the Red Sun

The sound of it is really smooth and cool and does get heavy at it's own way. And if your looking for music wich gets you completely at ease this is the album. I am metal fan and listen to heavy stuff and kind of new to stoner rock but this one is really good to get you relaxed.

I'm not a lyric fan of this band they aren't that deep and the band is mostly about the melodie in my oppinion. But they fit with the music and the singer is quite good he has good vocal control and I don't think there is a better singer for this band.

Kyuss is very original and isn't compared to any other albums other albums are compared to them. If your just starting in stoner rock I'd advise you to start listening to something else cause if you start at this album anything else won't be good enough for you. I look most for good riffs so I'd say Mondo Generator (kind of heavy but keeps under the relaxing bar but gives you a little rebellion feeling), Thumb(really good, really gives me a mystery feeling) and Apothecaries' Weight (just a beutiful song but breaks out in the ending). Love the sound of this album what I hate about it is that I can't get it. I'm not sure about buying it again cause it would be stolen again cause it's to good.

Johnonon
    Thumb is what got me into them. It's effing RAW! Ther lyrics are really something else too. There's a certain wit to them "You've been burned by my lighter. And my lighter is held down by my thumb"
    freedomdeceptiv
    the album that got me into kyuss, and just as importantly, queens of the stone age... ****in love the whole album. its great to listen to from start to finish.