Ave End review by Lacrimas profundere

• Released: Sep 14, 2004
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Lacrimas profundere: Ave End

It's darkness, again. Sometimes harder, sometimes softer, but you won't find a light in the dark here. Lacrimas Profundere named their sound "Rock'n Sad" and that ist, what probably fits best in any way. In my humble opinion, Lacrimas manage the walk on the razors edge not to drift into any clich, but stay straight out dark. Certainly, if you are not into dark- or even gothrock, Ave End won't be your first choice.

Imagining, Christoph wrote the songs from his very own experiences, like other songwirters do -even me, I guess there were a few very hard lessons he had to learn. The lyrics fit the music perfectly. Chris' skills show up druning the whole album, impressive is "Astronautumn", with distorted vocals, but also aggressive. That might maybe not fit totally the rest of the album, though, it's intresting. And even on this track, the voice is embedded in the music.

I, personally, love to recognize a band by the first track on an album. I am not a big fan of stylechanges, or trends at all, so this album is again what I expected. Considering that Ave End was released in 2004 and compared to newer albums, I have to say Lacrimas still has that special dark sound I really love just as they had it earlier.