Comalies review by Lacuna Coil

• Released: Sep 18, 2002
Lacuna Coil: Comalies

Good guitars, plenty of good rhythm and a couple of good leads like in Comalies, Swamped, and Heaven's A Lie. Aeon is a good interlude with catchy acoustic guitar. There's a lot of electronic keyboards which fit in quite well, and a sample here and there. The drums are pretty good and the bassist has quite a bit of talent too. Overall this album has a pretty good sound.

Lyrics are dark and brooding, and Christina Scabbia's voice makes em sound so much more awesome, kinda like amy lee except, well, better. And Andrea Ferro makes it better with a voice that kinda sounds like Wayne Static but with an Italian accent. I especially love the italian lyrics on Comalies. The lyrics go really good with the sound of the album.

Overall, it's a good effort from Lacuna. My favorite songs are Swamped, Daylight Dancer, Tightrope, Comalies, The Prophet Said, The Ghost Woman And The Hunter, and Humane. Aeon is a good interlude with catchy guitar. I love this album. If it were stolen, I would call 911, get a Crime scene investigator to find out who took it, and personally beat the shit out of them, not just because this is a good album, but because I got this when I saw em live opening for POD, and I got it autographed by the band. If you like bands like Evanescence, Nightwish, Static X, or even Cradle Of Filth, go out and give Comalies a try. You might just find this album to be a good investment.