Comalies Review

Lacuna Coil: Comalies
Released: Oct 29, 2002
Genre: Rock
Styles: Goth Metal, Symphonic Black Metal, Power Metal, Heavy Metal
Lacuna Coil's third full-length disc will not disappoint fans of the group's stately goth pop.
 9.1
 8.8
Comalies Reviewed by: im not mental, on november 05, 2004

Sound: Good guitars, plenty of good rhythm and a couple of good leads like in Comalies, Swamped, and Heaven's A Lie. Aeon is a good interlude with catchy acoustic guitar. There's a lot of electronic keyboards which fit in quite well, and a sample here and there. The drums are pretty good and the bassist has quite a bit of talent too. Overall this album has a pretty good sound. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics are dark and brooding, and Christina Scabbia's voice makes em sound so much more awesome, kinda like amy lee except, well, better. And Andrea Ferro makes it better with a voice that kinda sounds like Wayne Static but with an Italian accent. I especially love the italian lyrics on Comalies. The lyrics go really good with the sound of the album. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, it's a good effort from Lacuna. My favorite songs are Swamped, Daylight Dancer, Tightrope, Comalies, The Prophet Said, The Ghost Woman And The Hunter, and Humane. Aeon is a good interlude with catchy guitar. I love this album. If it were stolen, I would call 911, get a Crime scene investigator to find out who took it, and personally beat the shit out of them, not just because this is a good album, but because I got this when I saw em live opening for POD, and I got it autographed by the band. If you like bands like Evanescence, Nightwish, Static X, or even Cradle Of Filth, go out and give Comalies a try. You might just find this album to be a good investment. // 10

Comalies Reviewed by: child_of_bodom_, on february 08, 2006

Sound: First off I'd just like to say that the sexy saductive voice of the enchanting Christina Scabbia adds to the metal sound of this album. Lacuna Coil has returned again with yet another amazing album called comalies. The music is very well written and still gives off a very powerful sound to the listeners. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics to this album are amazingly well written the band have really outdone themselves this time. The lyrics and music comply perfectly with each other and sound amazing and captivating as sung by Christina's amazing voice. // 10

Overall Impression: Honestly I can't say enough good thigns about the band and this album I mena I love their sound plus Christina Scabbia is just plain hot. The band truly shows their full potential and if this album were ever stolen I'd find the person and kill them 'cause this is such a great album and is so influential of what a little hard work can produce. // 10

Comalies Reviewed by: xCoilx, on september 06, 2007

Sound: The sound is a well balanced mix of melody and metal. With Christina (female) and Andrea (male) singing ying-yang style, blend together to make a hypnotic sound. It explodes with experiment in each song. With an inspiring goth-pop sound, no one can compare them to any band, they've carried a new wave of metal for others to imitate. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are heartfelt and you can clearly tell what's going on in each song. Every lyric she sings puts you into that mood that she'd singing.On a more slower more relaxed song, "Aeon" you can really feel it and it has a catchy guitar riff. Then compare it to "Angels Punishment" and feel the sense of anger in it. Christina has a unique voice that you can't compare to the worlds most well known singers such as Amy Lee or Tarja of Nightwish. Youll know it's her when you hear it. And Andreas voice is a good match to sing with Christina beacuse it's not overbearing. // 7

Overall Impression: There is not one other artist that you can compare to them. Theve started their own sound. The most impressive songs on the album are Heavens A lie, Swamped, Tight Rope, and Comalies. I love how some parts can be soft and then it explodes in a heavy part all at the same time keeping it together. If it were lost I'd kick thier ass. // 7

Comments