Karmacode review by Lacuna Coil

• Released: Mar 31, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 3 Poor
Lacuna Coil: Karmacode

Overall the sound is pretty much identical with eachother. I understand some artists want to keep the same theme and sound going without being lured away from the sound theyve been based on, but this is just too far. A few songs come out on a powerful riff but cannot be even close to powermetal. There is nothing that pounces out at me enough to suggest this as thier best album.

The lyrics just don't make sense and I'm sorry. I'd rather listen to some poser lyrics that would make more sense then this. None of the lyrics send out any message or carry any emotion. They need good lyrics to give some color to the song. Plus in thier previuos albums thier song Heavens a Lie doesnt even relate to religon. The need to know what thier talking about before they start singing it. Her singing cant even touch those of Amy Lee at all. Her vioice is pretty but I've heard better. And I don't like the ying yang style of her and her male parter taking turns singing, it just doesn't mix right.

There is not much that you can compare to other artsits really. I do not love anything about this album not even the single "our truth" and I've been a Lacuna Coil fan a long time and I'm not impresed at all. I wish they would of stuck to the sound like Heavens a Lie And An Angels Punishment. They need to have some kind of Chamber pop or a gothic backing track to make any song sound good. I'm sorry but go on the internet and listen to some samples of this album and then go listen to Comolies. There's such a big difference it's not even funny.

`kingofkings`
    omg you guys are demented i think its just as good as the others. you want to listen to an album that each song sounds exactly the same buy a disturbed cd coz these songs dont sound that much alike. and comeon the vocals are good the guitars excellent the solos arent solos dude they are just lead parts over the top of the rythm. trust me they could make a kick ass ripper of a solo if they wanted to. i think its some of theyr best work yet. i think it kicks ass =]
    Green_Day_Rock
    XxWoRdSoFsOrRoW wrote: I'd rather listen to simple plan or Green Day than this retarded s***
    I'd rather have my eyes gouged out with a rusty spoon than listen to Simple Plan or Green Day (no comments about the name, I know already)
    sherwin
    i'm listening to the album and seriously guys, it's not good at all, very repetitive, i think the record could have done with some, if not alot of editing.
    tbarrettl
    The record (I know this has Gothic Influences) does need to have some spark here and there, The record is good but some intense Faster Paced Songs would be Great.
    dark_falco3000
    The review from Kickit is absolutely ****ing useless. I will say that this is one of my most favourite albums, but seriously it's not the greatest thing to ever happen. Comalies is so much better. Kickit was basically saying the same thing over and over again. "OMG this song is awesome and OMG this song is awesome and OMG..." etc. Don't ever take reviews like that seriously... it really pisses me off.
    dark_falco3000
    oh yeah and *agrees with ledzppln1969* nightwish is indeed better. Whoever it is that said that Tarja can't sing... well I'd like to see them do any better. Yes, she has an opera style vocals, but that only adds to the creativity, something which Lacuna Coil is kinda lacking. In my mind, Tarja Turunen is definitely a better vocalist than Cristina Scabbia, and Marco Hietala DEFINITELY a better vocalist than Andrea Ferro. And while I'm at it, I might as well point out that Emppu Vuorinen beats Marco Biazzi and Christiano Migliore put together at guitar, Marco Hietala is about twice as good at bass than Marco Coti Zelati, Jukka Nevalainen owns Christiano Mozzati on the drums, Tuomas Holopainen is better than Marco Coti Zelati at keys, a better composer than Marco Coti Zelati and a MUCH better lyricist than Cristina Scabbia and Andrea Ferro combined. However, that's just my opinion of course.
    xCoilx
    have you noticed bands start out so awesome and then they just suck over time.....kinda rings a bell here....
    Ioniza
    This may not have been their best album, but it is definitely a great album on its own merits. These reviews should be based on the quality of the album itself, not how it compares with other bands or previous albums.