Unleashed Memories review by Lacuna Coil

• Released: Mar 20, 2001
Lacuna Coil: Unleashed Memories

I only came across these guys by accident after a friend sent me Our Truth. It's a great song, but I decided not to buy Karmacode after reading many rubbish reviews, some of which recommended earlier albums. While walking through my local HMV I spotted this album for sale and thought 'what the hell'. So that's why I bought this album. It's a little different to what I'm usually into (Alexisonfire happen to be my favorite band at the moment) but I have to say this makes a nice change to 'loud shouty music' (as someone put it). I know Cristina (no 'h' apparently) has a great voice but I have a nagging feeling that this album lacked the sort of impact I was expecting.

As already mentioned, Cristina has a fantastic voice (puts me in mind of Amy Lee) yet the other guy who sings, well I don't know, sounds a little out of place for this sort of music. Lyrics are average I guess, nothing life changing, but it was nice to see them sing a song in Italian (at least I think it's Italian, they are from Italy after all).

Overall then, I quite enjoyed the 2nd album from Lacuna Coil. The only snag with this album is that at times it feels a little too slow for my liking, and one or two songs can start to feel repetative. I can't compare it to other Lacuna Coil albums (since I haven't heard any), so I'm a little stuck for things to say. A great female vocalist though, and a few good songs (To Live Is To Die, Cold Heritage) but nothing that really sticks out. For more commited Lacuna Coil fans I guess, but what do I know; I'm not public opinion. Find out for yourself.

erotic sweaters
    if you're gonna write a review, leave out the stuff like "For more commited Lacuna Coil fans I guess, but what do I know; I'm not public opinion. Find out for yourself."
    blakwyte
    lacuna coil is the bomb ... and karmacode was a very good album ... although comalies had the best single ever ...
    j0n0j0n0
    I havent heard their new album but from what ive read you like a bit heavier at times so i recommend you get Comalies because that is a great album and is heavy throught the most of it and has great vocals by both singers and it is an all round kick ass album