Unleashed Memories review by Lacuna Coil

• Released: Mar 20, 2001
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Lacuna Coil: Unleashed Memories

First off, get Comalies and Karmacode out of your head. This sounds nothing like them. The music overall is quite boring and too repetitive. It lost it's goth sound to it and it is often too slow to listen too at times. They aren't any parts in this album which is heavy and it too soft to be called metal. This album lost it's unique touch in which it always had and is very boring.

The lyrics often look like they are randomly put there and never make sense. There's really nothing special about them but they use them quite catchy. Christinas voice is the highlight off the album and both her and Andrea (male singer) sing very crystal clear. They both also use thier feelings to show through the way they sing.

Although it's not thier greatest piece of work, they still don't sound like any one else. None of the songs are too impressive. I love the vocals the most on this album. Her voice is incredible, if only the music could match up to her, it would be a great album. I hate that it is so boring, it's almost as if they didn't try or they got lazy or something. If you are patient enough to listen to slow music with good vocals, give it a try. If metal is more you genre, then don't even think about it. If someone were to steal this album, I might burn a few of the songs back, but I wouldn't buy the whole album.

All0utR0ck